The buildings date from 1539 and are similar to farm buildings of the period.

Description of Tudor Rose cottage:

Believed to date back to the days of King Henry VIII, this Grade II listed, two bedroom cottage forms part of a terrace of possibly the oldest properties in Dawlish. The cottage has uneven floors and walls with exposed timbers, a wooden curved staircase, and feature stone fireplaces.

In the hall are exposed timbers and stone flooring. In the living room the oak beams to the ceiling are believed to be former ship timbers and one wall has a fine oak muntin screen. There is oak panelling on one wall, exposed floorboards, a feature stone fireplace with a wooden lintel, natural wood latch doors to large storage cupboard.

From the living room a door leads to a wooden curved staircase, with small window and exposed beams, which rises to a small landing area with natural wood latch door to the main bedroom with exposed floorboards, part sloping ceilings and some exposed beams, a stone fireplace with wooden lintel, metal frame multi-paned window to the front and natural wood latch door to a second bedroom.
Behind the house is a terraced cottage style garden.

A local resident remembers Tudor Cottages: “One used to be a laundry and next door lived the Okey-Pokey man. He was an Italian ice cream vendor and used to push his barrow around the town.”